message in a bottle

message-in-a-bottle-3437294_960_720

It’s that time of year again, a new site, new messages, new friends and a new season to prepare for the 2019 version of incowrimo.

One week from now, the 2019 site will be up and you can begin your trek towards your own personal month of handwritten letters every day. Not only that, you get to share it with people just like you the world over.

Our head office has finally completed its move. The credenza and cabinets are installed. The steady and endless work of shuffling files and annotating lists has commenced and a fresh supply of blotters, journals, folders and ink are on hand so we needn’t venture out into inclement weather.

Keep your pencil sharp and paper dry.  It’ll be All Saints Day and as good a time as any to start your notes and preparation for 2019.

14 Comments

1. Sherry Spence says:

I am so excited and I can’t wait for 2019 incowrimo. I had so much fun in 2018.

2. Sibylla says:

Wonderful! My last InCoWriMo still yields about one letter per week, incoming. I found several faithful pen pals. This year, could you make the list printable, please?

Liked by 2 people

3. Marie-Antoinette Pelser says:

Yippeeeee. I cannot wait. I am already starting to get my Bullet Journal set-up for February 2019 ready…. or at least I am starting to get it ready in my head. This year I have made some wonderful pen friends through the 2018 InCoWriMo.

Liked by 1 person

4. Suzanne Sealy says:

I don’t see the addresses

Or the list of 28 people to write to

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

5. The 28 names will return when the new address list for 2019 is published in January. Stay tuned and it will all become clear :)

6. hertryk says:

I’m already! My desk is set up! Now live in Tasmania so I hope my address has been changed! I have new fountain pens! Different colour inks and an embosser for extra elegance!

Liked by 1 person

7. Melissa Riccobene says:

Hello! I missed this last year. I would like to participate in the upcoming one if I can. How can I join?

8. You most certainly can. On November 1st, the 2019 site will be up and running with all of the explanations and forms necessary for you to participate. Basically, people have an opportunity to sign up over the next three months with all of the 2019 participants posted during the last two weeks of January.

9. Mia says:

I will be signing up again! I didn’t check the box to “remember me” as I wasn’t sure if I would be at the same address (I am). In the meantime, there are plenty of websites/forums/facebook groups to find people to write to (some better than others).

Not sure about having the list printable – you’d need a lot of sheets of paper, and cartridges of ink judging by the number who joined for this year!

10. Welcome back! No problem signing up again. It’ll be up soon and ready to go. I suspect you’re right about the cost of cartridges and paper for a printable list. There are already quite a few names returning from previous years and this years response is anybody’s guess :)

Liked by 1 person

11. If the list is in a printable format then it would print more legibly in .pdf format, too, allowing us to store the list on a device. I am guessing not everyone in the world has equal access to excellent broadband coverage🙂.

12. I am in for 2019. I completely failed at 2018 (and not just at the Incowrimo part if I am honest), but my purpose holds steady and I reckon I will ace it next year (hopefully not just the Incowrimo part 😁).

13. You have a good point, especially about access. We will definitely put our minds to this one. Thanks again for the input :)

14. Mia says:

Would an address page for each letter of the alphabet work? I realise there won’t be as many people whose surnames starts with X taking part as those with surnames starting with a G!