We believe that keeping in touch is kind of important. And that’s why we’re moving our comments section here to it’s very own page.

Years past have proved that a good comment section provides timely general information in addition to letting other people know you’re here. Believe it or not for more than a year, incowrimo pretty much functioned from a comment section alone.

Keep in mind it’s our firm belief that if you have something to say to someone    ..send them a letter.

Few things in life are as satisfying as opening your post box to find someone has sent you a letter sharing their ideas and thoughts. And just as nice is the opportunity to write them back.

316 Comments

1. Farsky Daniela says:

Hi-Ho All !

Have joined this challenge last year for the first time, and I loved it right from the start. I am excited to get the new adress list, and to get in contact with people all over the world.
    I am a very down to earth person…nature is very important for me..I love to write handwritten letters, and to create unique envelopes….I am always open to talk about all kind of topics, and to learn about all kind of different cultures.
    So ….looking forward to get this letter party started 😊

Liked by 5 people

2. Jo Page says:

This will be my 3rd year and can’t wait. Excitement is building, and I have my writing desk all set up with various beautiful inks, new writing instruments to try, and hopefully stunning stationery. I hope my address has been changed to Tasmania!
    Have fun and Happy WritingI hiope to make some of your acquaintance!

Liked by 3 people

3. Gertie says:

Hello InCoWriMo World!!! I joined late in the game last year and truly enjoyed participating. I’ve gained a few pen pals in the process! I was on vacation last week when I signed up via my phone and now I’m not sure if it really got submitted or not. Can you check to see if you have an address listing for Gerlinda R. in Brentwood, TN? If not, let me know and I’ll sign up again! Thanks!

• Welcome back :) It seems your phone is working just fine and we have all we need to make sure you’re signed up. It’s always great to hear from returning correspondents who had fun last year.

4. dina gregory says:

would love to do this all year round did try last year but got no reply back from anyone :( but i am sure i will get some replies this time around x

Liked by 2 people

• thanks for mentioning this and welcome back. our experience is that it often never rains but it pours. I’m sure you’ll appreciate it’s not like social media where you can bump up your status. do keep at it, we are quite sure that the people who received your letters appreciated it and the world improved a little as a result.

5. Michael Plummer says:

Hello all,
    This is my first year signing up. I heard about it mid year of this year and have been waiting for it to open back up. I look forward to sending out some letters this year. Thanks!

6. Miranda Grimm says:

Hi Y’all!
    I’ve participated before, but I’m really looking forward to getting back into it this time around and keeping up better!

7. Shelly Haddock says:

I am already getting my stationery and pens ready! I can’t wait to start writing letters again.

8. azgatekeep says:

This will be my third year of Inky Fingers and Paper Cuts (well, hopefully not many paper cuts!) I’ve re-added my address, just in case it didn’t carry over from last year…and I’m very much looking forward to this adventure once again!

9. Donna Noland says:

Oh boy! This will be my second year of INCOWRIMO. I am still writing to several people I “met” through our letters….so fun! And, I’ve told a few friends about this and I believe some may sign up, too. The more the merrier!!

Liked by 3 people

10. Antoinette says:

I surely cannot wait to get started again in 2019. In February 2018 I had so much fun. I received a few letters back and from the letters I received I have made some wonderful pen friends. I’m already starting to think how I will choose my 28 addresses for 2019……

11. Ally T says:

This will my 3rd year and I’m super excited to be joining in again.

I live at the edge of the postal universe and love reading stories from around the world.

12. Chayah N B says:

getting ready for my 3rd incowrimo! :)

13. Natasha (Honey) Heslop says:

Hello This will be my second year; I so enjoy writing letters and connecting with people.
    I’ve recently moved house and my writing & mail art supplies are already unpacked ready to go. I enjoy talking about all kinds of things, I grow edibles & beautiful flora, sew, knit, read enjoy music and write. I love the countryside and hope for a world with less concrete, plastic, cars and more wild open spaces again; and a time where we can slow down & rebuild our communities.

14. Ingrid Foxton says:

Hello everyone, my first year writing. I enjoy meeting all sorts of people, hearing about their daily lives. I walk a lot, can spend hours watching birds and wildlife, miss having my old dog. I like using fountain pens, making jewellery, paint a little, read widely – not always very selectively, and listen to a variety of music. I can find pleasure in small things.

Liked by 3 people

15. JMissive says:

Looking forward to yet another month of letters, although I write all throughout the year. InCoWriMo is an opportunity to share ‘tuk-ins’. A stash of tea awaits, as well as “vintage paper things” that I think are special history. I don’t swap, prefer just a good ‘ol fashion missive, but Tuk-ins are a nice addition to an intro letter. :) Hope to chat some about Woodworking, Goal management, Doing good in the world, Nature… all while keeping snail mail alive. My FP are ready.

Liked by 3 people

16. Chayah N B says:

I write year round / internationally, fountain pen if possible, love discussing all kinds of topics. German expat Mom, catperson, love writing, reading, working in the garden, plasticfree life & sustainability, papercrafting, sewing and much more.

Liked by 3 people

17. Mia says:

While clearing the table in order to use it for food preparation for yesterday’s meal, my son commented on a huge folder of newspaper clippings I have! I keep forgetting to enclose with letters! I’m hoping to send at least one a day in February. Themes of the clippings could be humour, surveys, local news, weather, language.

I thoroughly enjoy the February letters, both writing and reading. I know not every letter will yield a full response. I know not every response will lead on to long term penfriendships, but I am approaching 5 year anniversaries with a few February people.

Liked by 5 people

18. bertcarson says:

This is the best InCoWriMo web site yet – outstanding work all.

19. addys95 says:

This is my first year participating in InCoWriMo and I’m looking forward to it!

Liked by 3 people

20. SARAH ADCOCK says:

First year of joining this fun project
    Really looking forward to hearing from lots of you

Liked by 4 people

21. Martin says:

Looking forward to my first year, got a few new pens at Christmas and just ordered an M800 italic which will get put to good use. :-)

Liked by 4 people

22. Hannah Kilgore says:

Hello Everyone!

I’ve wanted to do something like this since I was a kid when a penpal event was held at our school and kids were writing to other kids from all over the world. By the time I reached that grade the event was no longer held. I was always too nervous to try the penpal sites I found, until I came across Incowrimo on youtube. Still extremely nervous!

I love writing,reading, photography. Prefer writing with dips pens whenever possible. Looking forward to warmer weather so I can go fishing again!

Liked by 5 people

23. Dani Gray says:

Hello from the PNW! This is my second year taking part in InCoWriMo.
    Stuff I like: Rain, Outdoors, Photography, Art, Crows, Macabre, Crafts
    I often hand make my envelopes and will reply to all mail I receive :-)
    Happy InCoWriMo

Liked by 3 people

24. im1luckywoman says:

Hello! I discovered InCoWriMo at about the same time I discovered bullet journaling last year….MID-FEBRUARY. I’ve been waiting almost a year to be able to sign up and take part. While I was waiting, I found a number of pen pals and have become a faithful letter writer. If I receive a letter, I DO respond. My stationery, pens and postage stamps (for both the US and international mail) are ready! It matters not to me if we have anything (or nothing) in common but I love bullet journaling, paper crafting, reading, writing, movies and I have a room full of yarn (I crochet). Looking forward to getting to know you!

Liked by 3 people

25. Stephanie Hammond says:

Hi all! This will be my third year participating. HELLO to my writing friends from last year’s INCOWRIMO – I’m still having fun corresponding throughout the year. I look forward to this year’s event. Tidbits: I have two dogs (mutts). I like vintage things, reading history and historical fiction, running, and fountain pens.
    Stephanie

Liked by 3 people

26. Doris says:

Greetings to another faithful letter writer! I agree with your sentiment: it matters not if we letter writers have much in common – there’s always plenty of interesting things to discuss in letter exchanges. 2019 will be my second year participating in INCOWRIMO. I had a great experience in sending out one letter per day in February 2018 as well as exchanging letters throughout the year with amazing people. I trust you will enjoy being part of INCO for your first official year now that you’ll be in the address book for 2019. :-)

27. Mia says:

I am actually quite amazed with the penfriendships started through Incowrimo. Received a letter today continuing our correspondence started last year, and it had me in a fit of giggles! Really did brighten my day. Some other Incowrimo correspondences have continued for over 4 years! Is there a secret to this success? I don’t know, perhaps it is a kind of magic!

Getting closer and closer… patience is a virtue, but move over January!!!

Liked by 4 people

28. Tami says:

Hello!

This is my first year to participate in InCoWriMo because until a few months ago I didn’t know it existed. I’ve been living under a rock tending to my health after a high conflict divorce, so the timing of this event is perfect. I loved writing letters in my teens and early 20’s, and receiving them made life sweeter. I recently found the letters my parents wrote one another before they met, in their young twenty-something handwriting.

I enjoy music of all kinds, reading, writing, dancing, authenticity, irony, hyperbole, and irreverence. I’m moving to NYC soon, but not until after February. I’m so looking forward writing and receiving letters again! Thank you for creating a space disconnected from social media. The photos drew me in…and I’m happy to be here.

Cheers!

Liked by 5 people

29. Kshitij Shetty says:

My third year around and a few correspondences from the first year are still going strong. It has been such an awesome experience. Look forward to year three!

30. Angy Phillips says:

Hello all!

This is my 2nd year participating. I am much better prepared this year.

Is there a link to a particular post that’s best to use for introducing others to InCoWriMo? I got a few college kids into fountain pens & inks since last year and I’d like to send them a link that gets them to a quick and succinct explanation without needing to search further.

Now….. Off to shake up some shimmering inks. 😀

31. arnvocado says:

Hey! Just wondering why you guys switched websites? Also if like before there’s a way to add a little about ourselves with our address? SUPER EXCITED THOUGH FOR THIS YEAR! Thanks for doing all the organizing and keeping it up all these years!!

32. zjmissive says:

Ready to put my Postie to work and meet wonderful people. I write through the year though, so he’s use to it. This weekend is threatening with hibernation weather, a perfect time to organize the desk for some scribbling. Can’t wait for the addresses, looking for interests and vocations that match the pile of Vintage paper things I love sending along with my letters. (Bits & Bobs: Professional artist, Masterpiece theater, Jazz, Classical, Country, In-line skating, Anglophile, Woodworking, Home DIY, Ink-dip pens, Re-purposing….) Happy InCoWriMo to all!
    (PS, I did not know about “How we got here.” I did notice the change from last year’s use of DISCUS though. Thank you for keeping it going!

33. Tatyana Louis-Jacques says:

Hello everyone! I’ve been looking forward to this year’s InCoWriMo for months now. It’ll be my first and I can’t wait to get writing!

34. Signed up and Ready

Liked by 1 person

35. Wow! Thank you so much to Mia and incowrimo-2019 for their leadership with 2019! This will be my third year participating in InCoWriMo. My first year, in 2017 I ended up handwriting 125 letters that February 2017! I write a daily blog encouraging letter writing. Looking forward to writing returning InCoWriMo alumni and new too! Best, Helen

Liked by 2 people

36. I can’ take credit for this site, Helen, all I can do here is encourage… just as you do with your blog.

37. Romelie Ello says:

Hi,

My name is Romelie. This is my 2nd year participating and I’m super excited to write and receive letters. Currently, I’m into bullet journaling, hand lettering, drawing and preparing for my first 10KM marathon in April. 😁

Hope to hear from all of you! 😊

38. Sean Hagerty says:

Hello! I am excited to be participating in InCoWriMo for a third year. It’s quite cold in Maine which means I should have ample time to write and respond to letters. Last year was my first year teaching and letter writing got pushed to the back burner. I hope to go 28 for 28 this year. I am fluent in both Spanish and English so either is fine. Happy writing, Sean.

39. Donna Noland says:

Just wanted to add a comment or two here as a brief intro…..I reply to all my letters and LOVE to run to the mailbox in February to see what’s there. I’m a reader, knitter, crafter, art dabbler and major dog lover (who is without a dog at the moment). Can’t wait to see who I connect with this year!

40. Kathy Davenport says:

Hi All! Not my first year participating, but my first year adding myself to the official address book! I look forward to seeing if anyone writes me! I love living in my beloved West Texas Panhandle, and I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else! I love all thing bullet journal and related, even though right now I’m a Happy Planner girl. I am obsessed with their stickers!! I am the official neighborhood crazy cat lady, even though there are really only 2 of brood of 5 that actually claim me as their human. I’m excited for this year, and look forward to hearing from anyone crazy enough to write me!

41. Avalo K says:

Hello! I just found out about this project & I am super excited to participate! I love writing letters and I love receiving them! I am interested in so many things: animals, art, photography & book binding just to name a few thing. I’m looking forward to writing letters to some of you!

42. Brandy says:

hello all!! I am Brandy and I just filled out the form to be part of this.. this is my first year and I have NO idea what I am doing, but this sounds like so much fun and I really like writing and receiving letters.. so I am excited to do this! I love reading, crocheting, nature hikes and being outside.. I am not as creative as I would like to be.. by I hope this challenge will challenge that in me.. I hope to not only make friends through this month but that we continue to be writing pals throughout the year.. thanks! and happy writing
    Brandy~

43. brandilion04 says:

hello all!
    I am so excited to be here, this is my first year and I have no idea what I am doing! But I am excited to write and receive letters.. looking forward to making writing pals for longer than just this month.. I love to read, crochet and be in nature.. Happy writing!

Brandy~

44. Stephanie Van Parys says:

I’ve got my pen, paper, and stamps ready to go for a full month (and beyond) of letter writing. I restarted my penpal hobby in 2013 and have not stopped. I now have penfriends all over the USA and the world whose letters I just adore. I’m excited about getting to know more people. I write about life, my garden, books I’ve read, my garden, and whatever else comes up. I work, am a mom to three teenagers, make books, write letters, pull weeds. Send me a line, and I will be sure to send you one back. Postcards and letters work for me.

45. doulaflo says:

Hi, I have just signed up and this is my first year. What tips do people have for choosing addresses? And do you choose your addresses before hand, or as you go? Looking forward to putting pen to paper :)

46. LéGram says:

Hello everyone, I’m Bidjai Roeplal. I know a lot of you have written me in the past, but I didn’t get the chance to write everyone back due to some major changes in my life. I’m also moving from Suriname (South America) to Belgium next month, where a new adventure awaits me. My address has been updated. I’m planning to write everyone back that I didn’t get the chance to this this year. Very anxious to start!

47. whiz3 says:

I am signing up (again). Have done this in the past but not for last couple of years I have new address, have misplaced my fountain pens, and definitely out of practice with handwritten letters, but it is so delightful to receive personal mail. I’m looking forward to starting back with this practice! I have some old addresses from previous InCoMo years that I can pull out and begin to write to again, but I look forward to seeing updated and new list too.

48. STEPHANIE JANSEN says:

I’ve known about this program for a year or two but didn’t think I’d be able to commit until now! Completely stoked to start writing, hopefully I’m not too much of a dork and am able find a willing pen pal.

My handwriting is legible at best, but promise to use interesting inks! My hobbies include: killing orchids, avoiding housework, creating stained glass art, and growing my fountain pen collection. :)

Liked by 3 people

49. Carla Doss says:

Hello, I am Carla Doss, and this is my first year! Excited to start this new project, and learn lots about all kinds of folks. I love to read, play the piano, garden, and spend time outdoors with my granddaughters. I also have discovered recently an interest in baking “pretty food” i.e. decorated cookies, cupcakes, and macaroons. Hope to make several new writing friends with some of you:)

50. Dust if you must, but wouldn’t it be better
    To paint a picture or write a letter?

Seeing as I have very little artistic ability (although I have attempted to illustrate things in letters), words and letters it’ll have to be for me!