We believe that keeping in touch is kind of important. And that’s why we’re moving our comments section here to it’s very own page.

Years past have proved that a good comment section provides timely general information in addition to letting other people know you’re here. Believe it or not for more than a year, incowrimo pretty much functioned from a comment section alone.

Keep in mind it’s our firm belief that if you have something to say to someone    ..send them a letter.

Few things in life are as satisfying as opening your post box to find someone has sent you a letter sharing their ideas and thoughts. And just as nice is the opportunity to write them back.

245 Comments

1. Christina Laws says:

Hi all! Super excited about another year of participating and hope to make it a great month of writing letters. I am a HUGE dog lover, am a tad obsessed with traveling to photograph wild horses (there is a small wild horse herd here in Missouri but there’s nothing like the dirt roads out west), and love to strap on the jogging shoes and take a nice jog with the dogs. I write year round, although I’m not always super punctual about it and would welcome a letter from anyone who cares to scribble one to me.

2. len jimenez says:

Once again – sunshine in winter – delighted to participate this year, as I have the last two. Like photography, music, fountains, inks, notebooks,reading, moderate hiking, ideas not necessarily in that order. Correspondents are guests and I enjoy having guests.
    If you write I will gladly reply.

Liked by 2 people

3. Hi all. This is my second year and I am really looking forward to getting started. I love writing and receiving letters especially the ones without windows ;-) I love art, photography, anything to do with wildlife and spending time with my two amazing granddaughters. Looking through the address book and selecting who to write to is always difficult so I have started early. Fingers crossed I get some in return. Have fun everyone.

4. im1luckywoman says:

I guess it would be near impossible for anyone to find me in the address book (should you want to write me) when my WordPress ID is IM1LuckyWoman instead of my real name! Rebecca Carrillo here. Looking forward to “meeting” you! (Previous comment written a few days before this tells you a bit about me. :) )

Liked by 3 people

5. Katey Wagner says:

Hello! I’m excited for my second year participating in InCoWriMo!

6. Jim Goodding says:

Here is a thumbnail sketch of who I am: I’m a music lover – everything from trip hop to classical and see lots of jazz at a local performance space. I enjoy hiking and backpacking with my two dogs. I practice yoga and meditation to help keep the crazy world in line and volunteer at the local nonprofit animal shelter walking dogs and in the vet clinic. I’m a cyclist with a herd of six bicycles.

Being a fountain pen user, I love to write to friends and pen pals. This is my third year in InCoWriMo, having sent out 51 letters in February 2018. Jot me a line if you are so inclined.

Liked by 3 people

7. Sonja Drake says:

Hello all. I live in the U. S. I enjoy quilting, cross stitch, gardening (although I have adopted two dogs who like to dig so…) and reading.

8. Monika says:

Hello! This is my first time joining. I live in Germany and have some time to spare now that my daughter is off to university. I’m lover of music with quite eclectical tastes. Want to have an exchange of vegetarian recipes? I’m in. Want to have postcards made from photos of my hiking? I’m in for that too. In short I love getting to know new people. If you like drop me a line.

9. jessicaleegilbert says:

This is my third year participating, though I write throughout the year. It’s nice to have something to make the Michigan winter a little brighter! I have a collection of fountain pens and ink, I bullet journal, crochet, garden, sew and read a lot. I’m married with two senior citizen cats, though I work with 50 other cats on a regular basis. I also collect vintage postcards, especially mid-century motel cards. In the summer, I stand up paddleboard on local lakes. Looking forward to February!

Liked by 2 people

10. Carl Hollomon says:

Very much looking forward to my second year of InCoWriMo! Have fun, everyone.

Liked by 1 person

11. Looking forward to meeting new people again this year! I’ve earned a couple of pen pals from this in the last two years and I love the excitement of writing to new people and never knowing what will show up in my own mailbox.

If you want to write to me, I’d be happy to hear anything at all but I LOVE history and languages. Share something special with me about a language you write or speak (if not English, or share a favorite oddity about English if that’s all you speak) or tell me something you find interesting or neat about your hometown, state, or country.

I can’t wait to meet new people! Happy posting to all.

12. Margret Christie says:

Hallo, I’m Margret Christie. I have just added my name to the addresses for Feb 2019 InCoWriMo and am looking forward to some fun to brighten what are in THIS hemisphere, the gloomy days of February – usually by this time the Winter has really got it’s teeth into things and gives a big push with cold and Shhhheush weather before the clocks go back and you really notice the days getting longer. I live in pretty much the center of England. I watch entirely too much Netflix and Youtube, where I have learned so much about many things but largely about fountain pens – buying [inexpensive], using, and some fixing – and bottled inks. I don’t consistently do crafts but find them interesting to the point of fascination and there are few things I won’t try if I feel I need something made. I love animals and at present have one dog who is very much PRESENT in my house, where – apart from Fergus – I live alone, but not lonely. I work full time for a charity. My hobbies include writing, art, and reading – and watching Netflix! Interested in nearly everything [perhaps except sport, but if you have a passion to share, I will be interested in your experiences!] Look forward to hearing from people who are or are NOT like me ! with Best wishes – Margret

Liked by 3 people

13. Loucke says:

Hi there! I’m Lucas, and a few years ago, I attempted an ambitious project – mailing out a letter or card every weekday for a year. Obviously this was inspired by InCoWriMo, so I’m happy to be officially participating this year. I’m a college student (at 31 years old!), a fountain pen collector, a geography buff, aspiring city planner, and a snail mail nerd. Really looking forward to getting started! I’ll be posting my adventures on my blog, if anyone is interested in following along :)

Happy writing, everyone!

14. Jenn Lost And Found says:

Hello All!

My name is Jenn and I go by JennLostAndFound. I have been penpaling for about a year and a half – I’m not sure what took me so long to get started since I love all things pen and paper. This will be my first InCoWriMo, I’m very excited! I have picked some names from the list and would love to hear from anyone out there! I love writing letters about food as well as sharing recipes and photos of food! Some other interests of mine include rubber stamps, drawing and painting, figure skating and world history. I have a fascination with anything airmail or postage related. I also love to create ATCs (artist trading cards) and swapping them with other pen pals. I hope to ‘meet’ some new pen pals through this community! See you in the mail!

Liked by 2 people

15. LaWanda Batchelor says:

HI everyone. My name is LaWanda. This will be my second year doing INCOWRIMO and I love it. I had a blast doing it last year. I have several wonderful pen pals that I have continued to write to throughout the year and I am looking for more who would like to continue even after February. I am a labor and delivery nurse. I enjoy journaling, reading, making junk journals, writing letters, fountain pens, cooking and canning, camping and hiking. I have two cats, 3 dogs. Two are German Shepards named Daryl and Michonne who are characters on The Walking Dead. They have their own Facebook page at Daryl & Michonne GSD. I love watching movies and Youtube videos.

16. Helen Åkerman says:

Hi! I´ve just entered both me and my daughter. Her name is Signe. She is very good at English and has just started to learn German. She likes to sing, dance, theater. She plays the piano and the saxophone and she does gymnastics.
    I am a full-time working mother of three, Signe is my youngest. At work I´m coordinating prison chaplaincy in Sweden. In my free time I read a lot, sew and knit even more, is the chair woman of one of Swedens larger gymnastics clubs and like to spend the evenings watching series or films on Netflix or HBO with my husband. I have a passion for down hill skiing and surprised myself with running a marathon and a 30K trail run last year!
    This is our first time incowrimo and we both look forward to it!

17. Michelle Gibson says:

Hello Friends, My name is Michelle. I just heard of InCoWriMo for the 1st time last night through the bullet journaling community. I just started my 1st bullet journal. InCoWriMo is so exciting to me because I love talking to people and hearing about their life and adventures. I enjoy making cards with photos/stamps and sending/receiving letters/cards. I also enjoy quilting, bike riding on our area trails, photography, reading and cooking. I have been married to my best friend for 31 years. We have 2 children. My oldest just graduated from university and my youngest just started college. My goals for 2019 is to read the whole Bible and to continue to improve my health with healthy eating and exercise. Tonight I am planning on getting everything together so I can be ready for InCoWriMo 2019! This is going to be fun!

18. Ellise Carpenter says:

Hi everyone! I’m super excited to participate for my second year! Last year I got sick the 2nd week into InCoWriMo, so I didn’t get 1 letter/day. Hopefully this year goes better :)

I LOVE dogs, reading, hockey, and guns. I have a small fountain pen collection and love using them, so I welcome any and all letters! I’ll do my very best to answer any sent to me. Всего хорошего!

19. Ted Allen says:

When you put a comment and would like someone to write you, be sure there to include your name maybe city, in the comment so people can find you in the address book

20. Jenny says:

Hi all! My name is Jenny, and I’m excited to participate for the very first time! I work full time as a graphic designer. When I’m not working I love to create in other ways, both on paper and digitally, so I spend a considerable amount of time piddling in my home studio. I dabble in crochet or knitting in the winter and enjoy feeding the birds. I love nature and being outdoors for short day hikes, or just to sit on the porch. My children are grown and live quite a distance away so I have the house to myself. February seems like a great time to sit by the fire and write, so I’m hoping I’ll hear from some of you during Incowrimo! I think this will be really fun! Cheers!

21. Jenny says:

Writing a quick second post, thanks to Ted Allen, whose post reminded me to put some clues so people can find you in the addresses. So.. I’m Jenny Dixon and I live in Alabama. USA. See my previous post for a little about me. Have to purchase my stamps now. Getting ready!

22. LEN FLORES says:

Hi, everyone. I am Len from the Philippines. This is my first time to join #incowrimo. I’m very excited about it. Aside from stationery, journaling and fountain pens, I love photography so I would love to send pictures with my letters. I’d be interested to hear about your interests, as well as see photos from where you live.

23. Angela Cracchiolo says:

Just joining in here and wondering if using a typewriter for correspondence is allowed? I don’t mind “handwriting”, sometimes I’m not that fond of my own, but I have several typewriters I enjoy using :) Thanks.

24. Angela Cracchiolo says:

I figured typewriters would be ok, especially since there is one in a photo here, ha ha! I am sad that you let your little collection go, hopefully to a good home :)

25. Angela Cracchiolo says:

So now that use of typewriters is approved, LOL, I’ll say a few things about myself: I am from Warren, Michigan, USA. This is my first time joining this project, and it will probably be challenging for me because I work full time. I’ve been amassing quite a bit of vintage paper, current and vintage postage stamps, rubber stamps, various pens, markers, washi tape, etc – for some time now, I just can’t seem to help myself, LOL, but I only write (type) to a couple pen pals, so I think I need the challenge to correspond with more. I am a member of The Letter Writers Alliance (which I know sounds ironic that I don’t have that many pen pals), married, have two grown/college aged daughters, enjoy estate sales and thrift store shopping (It’s the thrill of the hunt), enjoy listening to NPR, especially Radio Lab. and I enjoy reading the (physical) newspaper, The Detroit Free Press, actually. Looking forward to this adventure!

Liked by 1 person

26. I would say, if you want to use a typewriter for this project, you should at least sign your John Hancock with a pen(cil). I suppose you do use your hands to write with a typewriter, fingers can’t live without hands!

27. George Callender says:

Hi Folks,

Well, this is my second year and I’m changing strategies. Last year I was in a panic to get the 28, which I did by using a bunch of postcards. Did end up with a few folks who I exchanged letters with but frankly, well…I fell behind and misplaced some letters and so on. I’m going to find “those addresses” and start this year with catching up with the folks from last year. Honest!!! Last year I also wrote to folks who live in small towns.

This year I’m planning on sending more letters to small towns. Also, have picked out names in Ireland and Scotland. Yes, I’m Scottish and there’s a town in Scotland with my name…except for one letter difference.

Also, a fan of Irish MC Road Racing, the Isle of Man TT races, and was a fan of Joey Dunlop. So, I have addresses in Ireland.
    Actually, I’m going through the address list and addressing envelopes so I’ll be a little more ready when February starts.

Yes, it would be nice to get the 28 but for this year, for me at least, I’m going to try send honest-to-gosh letters and will let the numbers fall where they may. If I can have 28 addresses ready to go on the first, it will make the process much easier.

I’m an old guy who lives with an Airedale pup. I have several blogs with more than 400 entries. Also, have a YouTube channel with 300-plus videos (I’ll spare you the links). A favorite book is Catch-22. A favorite writer is Christopher Hitchens. I read mainly mysteries and write 55-word stories. Yes, each story is exactly 55 words with a title of not more than seven words. Here’s an example.

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen

“Captain Jones, welcome aboard Acme’s flight 624. We’ll cruise at 35,000 feet. Hope we don’t have turbulence, as that stuff really scares me. If we’re lucky, we’ll be in Chicago in a couple of hours. Oh! Co-pilot informed me we’re scheduled for NY. Dang, I always get them confused. Relax, the drinks are on us.”

I hope we all have an enjoyable time this year and reach whatever goals we may have set.

I wish you all good health and much joy and happiness.

Regards,

George

Liked by 3 people

• Just a little heads up. We’d strongly suggest waiting until the list is closed on the 31st of January to write out those addresses on the envelopes as there are a) people still writing in to join and b) a certain number of bugs and corrections being worked out with the addresses. I suppose going ahead wouldn’t be an earth shattering error but we’d be amiss by not pointing this out.

Liked by 2 people

28. Mary Alexandri says:

Hello pen friends. Im Mary, Im from Greece and this my first time participating in this journey. I love art and fountain pens and the smell of paper. I love the sun and the sea. Im looking forward to do something nice for another human being somewhere in the world every single day for a whole month. That’s a comforting thought :) Happy February to everyone.

Liked by 2 people

29. rundiva13 says:

Hi. I’m Arlene but my friends call me Jinx. This is my first year. I’m challenging myself to meet new people and get back into actually writing letters.

30. Ev Freeman says:

Hello! I’m Ev. I love both sending and receiving mail, especially postcards. This is my first time doing #incowrimo and I’m really excited about it!

31. Sarah Hulsey says:

Hi, I’m Sarah, in Maryland (close to DC). This is my second year doing InCoWriMo. It was fun to get some letters from people and to send some. I’m turning 40 in a few weeks, love reading and crafty stuff, stationery, pens and planners. I’m really looking forward to doing this again in 2019!

32. Len Flores says:

Since it’s my first time to join INCOWRIMO, I’d like to share more about myself. My name is Len Flores. I live in the Philippines. I love photography. I shoot with film and develop my own black and white film. I have a typewriter so I’d type a few bits for those whom I’ll write to. I read books. Mostly mysteries and thrillers. I love the analogue life. In a world where everything is ‘automatic,’ pursuing these hobbies is a joy.

Like many of you, I love stationery and vintage stuff. So this is incorporated in my journals. I love flowers too.

I think it’s wonderful to have this opportunity to be able to write to someone miles away so I’m really excited about it. I plan to write letters and send them to 28 people all over the world. Can’t wait! 😊

33. Joan VandeStreek says:

hello!v my name is Joan. I currently ;I’ve in central Pennsylvania use. I love hockey and follow chicago,dallas,edmonton,nashville,ottawa and washington. also love horses and shelties. i like learning new things and would love to be a professional student specifically in eastern european languages and culture. this is my first IncoWrimo and look to add more knowledge and friends.

34. Brian Sallows says:

Hello, I’m Brian, living in Bedford, England. I’m probably one of the oldest people on this address list.
    I live alone and have no pets except the spiders living on my cobwebs ( just joking).
    With somewhat reduced mobility, I rely on the internet to keep in touch with the world.
    My current interests, are :
    The use of fountain pens, inks etc. of which I have about 30 pens, and 40 inks.
    Reading historical novels, especially of the Tudor period, in England.
    Visiting a few English National Trust properties.
    Listening to popular music from 1900 through to the 1960s.
    Classical music.
    Occasionally strumming one of my ukuleles.
    Using iPads, Macbooks, visiting the local Apple store for seminars.

Knowing what to write about is going to be a little difficult, for me, but we shall see.

Liked by 4 people

35. nrstooge says:

Hi, my name is Nancy and I’m an animal lover, especially horses, bald eagles/raptors and cats. I love fountain pens, bullet journals and tea. I also am a prolific knitter, quilter, but also tat, crochet and just about any sort of stitching interests me. I also garden on my small apartment patio. This is my first Incowrimo and I’m really looking forward to meeting/writing to new people.

Liked by 2 people

36. nrstooge says:

gosh, just realized my full name didn’t post on the above comment, I’m Nancy Rudy here on the list.

37. Stephanie Van Parys says:

I just ordered a big pile of stamps from USPS to get ready for the daily mail challenge in February. Just a reminder that stamp rates are going up on January 27 from 50 cents to 55 cents. Happy writing!

Liked by 3 people

38. Treena Jones says:

Hi – just signed up for this for the first time and I’m super excited to be taking part! I love to write letters and I hope I’ll be able to brighten up someone’s day in some small way. And if I happen to get a couple of letters, that would just be amazing! If you do want to write to me and would like a reply, then I’m more than happy for this to be the start of some great penships! I don’t do little biographies – sometimes the best friendships can come out of having nothing in common at all! It’s how we broaden our minds, challenge our perceptions and discover new things! Hope everyone has a lot of fun taking part! x

Liked by 6 people

39. Jennifer Dunbar says:

Hello! I’m Jennifer from Draper, Virginia. This is my second year doing this project and I am super excited about it! I have 2 pen pals from last years #incowrimo. One of them is from yesterday’s comments. His letter always brings a smile to my face! I am a Mom of two little boys. I love to read, write, work on my bullet journal and lately I have been trying my hand at painting. I am looking forward to making new friends and if you write me then I will definitely write you back… eventually, as I am a closet procrastinator. Can’t wait to hear from you!

40. George Callender says:

Hi again folks,

Yes, like many of us I have a blog as well.

Have friends or relatives who might be interested? Even if they just send a few notes, if we can get someone writing, it’s always good.

Jennifer, you are the top off my list along with Greg….and, a few others.

Best regards,

George

41. Hello all! This will be my first year participating in incowrimo. Years ago I participated in a penpal program through Big Blue Marble, an old children’s tv show. I’m looking forward to meeting new friends through writing. I have always loved stationery and crafts. I picked up fountain pens two years ago and can’t put them down. I enjoy journals, scrapbook, and all types of paper crafts. Looking forward to sharing ink!

42. Naeemah Senghor says:

Peace All… My name is Naeemah and I am so excited… thank you Jillan :). When I was living in Jamaica, WI I had 2 penpals; one in India and another in Spain. I love the art of putting words on paper with fountain pens with exquisite colourful inks…I am looking forward to writing lots of letters… I love travelers notebooks, knitting, crocheting and soap making. I love everything by hand …I am a maker…

43. zjmissive says:

Thx for the recommendation. Will have to dble-chck addresses as I’ve been doing some envelopes ahead of time. Also will have to redo math, due to 1oz US increase from .50¢ to .55¢. However, with all the Tuk-ins I’ve got going, some will be 2oz. NOTE: the “additional oz. charge” will be reduced also, from .21¢ to .15¢. So a 2oz letter will now be a whole cent cheaper, .70¢ instead of .71¢.

Liked by 2 people

44. I have finished one letter today to someone who’ll be celebrating our 4th pen-pal-versay having started in InCoWriMo 2015! Not the only 4th pen-pal-versary through inco either! Some of my best penpals have come surprisingly out of not knowing anything about them other than postal address (I like how you put this, Treena).

I have also raided last year’s old tourist attraction leaflets to cut out the maps, to include in some surprise letters and I hope this will give an idea of where I live.

Liked by 4 people

45. zjmissive says:

Sorry for the double post, found this after. It may help those in the US who do Int’l often. I found page 49 most helpful. It highlights common places like Canada and Mexico. The rest are coded by a Country Price Group numbers, which starts on pg 67. (Not sure link will be allowed here, giving it a go.) https://pe.usps.com/resources/PriceChange/January%202019%20-%20Notice123.pdf

Liked by 2 people

46. mmountaineers says:

Hi all! I kept looking at last year’s website waiting for it to update to 2019 and finally found this one!
    I just submitted my info so hopefully it’ll be updated soon.

I’m a stay-at-home mom of two, a photographer, a knitter, and all around diy-er. This is my second year and I’ll write back to anyone who writes to me!

47. mmountaineers says:

Also, I love tea, reading, writing, and learning about new places! I’m a nerd and enjoy star Trek, doctor who, Harry Potter and a lot of other nerdy stuff.

48. Bill Buehler says:

Hello! This will be my first year participating. I discovered InCoWriMo late last year; so I’m excited and a little nervous. I think the last time I wrote a letter was when I had friends in boot camp, which was over a decade ago. I’m an avid reader and movie/tv watcher; I recently got into fountain pens and ink. (Boy is that a slippery slope!) So InCoWriMo is the perfect excuse to ink up a couple of fountain pens! ;) I’m looking forward to the experience. I can’t wait for February to get here!

Liked by 3 people

49. Yvonne Briton Denneche says:

Hello guys! This is my first time participating in this event, but I do have some pen pals, so this won’t be the first time I write a letter :-) I live alone with my cat out in the countryside in Norway. My days consist of working full time, shoveling snow (at this time of year), petting the cat, writing letters, reading books (fantasy, biographies, mysteries, thrillers), feeding the birds, listening to music (rock,metal, soul, r&b, classical, folk) or going to concerts, photography, walking and hiking, watching Netflix/HBO/Prime, tending my indoor plants, wanting a new dog, shoveling some more snow, baking, dusting of my collection of Pop! Funko figures (Supernatural, Buffy, Winnie The Pooh), playing board games (7 Wonders, Lords of Waterdeep, Seasons, Pandemic), sorting thru my books to make room for my TBR pile, getting involved in politics and shoveling some more snow! Love the thought of writing a letter a day and can’t wait to get started :-) Wish you all a fabulous writing month!

Liked by 6 people

50. patlandon5 says:

patricia landon
    Good morning everyone. I’ve chosen my 28 domestic addresses and I’m so excited to see who lives there!
    Looking forward to respond to International letter writers and mail-artists as well. Since Int’l postage is expensive….requesting if you write to me,I’ll return the correspondence in a timely manner.As an INK A RHINO veteran,you will not be disappointed.Thanks again to all behind the curtain,sponsors and fountain pen lovers around the world. Signing off.

Liked by 2 people