We believe that keeping in touch is kind of important. And that’s why we’re moving our comments section here to it’s very own page.

Years past have proved that a good comment section provides timely general information in addition to letting other people know you’re here. Believe it or not for more than a year, incowrimo pretty much functioned from a comment section alone.

Keep in mind it’s our firm belief that if you have something to say to someone    ..send them a letter.

Few things in life are as satisfying as opening your post box to find someone has sent you a letter sharing their ideas and thoughts. And just as nice is the opportunity to write them back.

317 Comments

1. Jan Ball says:

Hi! This is my third year participating in Incowrimo, and have enjoyed it so much! I live near Niagara Falls, and never get tired of seeing the power and beauty the Falls has to offer. I enjoy art in many forms, especially in my journaling, card-making and sketching. I am married with two adult children, a yellow lab and Russian blue kitty (who will be 20 this year!). I enjoy my job, and consider myself very lucky to work with great people! Please know I will happily respond to every letter I receive :)

• barbarainnewzealand says:

Jan this is Barbara in New Zealand. I have received your letter and will send one soon. Was so pleased to hear from you and surprised as I dd not realize I was still on the list! Such fun.

2. Kathleen Newton says:

Hi I’m Kathleen (Newton) and this is my first Incowrimo! I’m very excited to send letters to a few of you and vow to respond to any letters i receive with a return address. If you like poems and overly-wordy rambles i’m your gal. Happy almost February!

Liked by 2 people

3. Hi, my name is Sandra and I love writing and getting know pen friends thru pen and paper. I love all things paper crafts, recycle crafts, crocheting, and other crafts too. I love to write with my fountain pen in a variety of ink colors and the way the pen feels as it glides across the page.

4. unicornmom says:

I look forward to participating this year. My name is Sandra :-)

5. Fiona Lane says:

Hey, Fiona Lane here, I am joining in Incowrimo 19 after a few years break. For me, it will be a combination of letters, notes on the back of pictures, cards and maybe some other things if inspiration strikes me. I live in Scotland, United Kingdom. I love walking, swimming and cycling.I enjoy playing with fountain pens and inks, and enjoy being creative. I have a cat, tropical fish and a wormery.

Liked by 2 people

6. Alejandra Castaño says:

Hi All! I am joining INCOWRIMO for a second year. I had a great time participating last year and gained quite a few permanent pen pals here. I am looking forward to more fun this year. I love fountain pens and inks and have other creative hobbies such as knitting, book making, and block printing.

7. Julie Ritch says:

Just signed up! Looking forward to participating in my first InCoWriMo and writing ‘long hand’. Spend everyday of my working life in front of a computer screen but love everything analogue. I’m Julie Ritch from North of Scotland and would love to receive letters and learn about other cultures from all over. I love arts, crafts, stationery and old things! In our local Vintage club and love archaeology. Have fun everyone, all the best. Julie

Liked by 2 people

8. Less than a week to go, the excitement is building up. Good to see new people join as well as familiar names returning!

9. Chrissy Dinnerville says:

Hi! My name is Chrissy and this is my first year signing up for this here. I’m excited to receive happy mail instead of bills all the time!! I am a planner addict and found a new love for bullet
    journaling. I am on the list: Chrissy Dinnerville, and I am looking forward to this!!

10. Christine Carlton says:

Hi! My name is Christine. This will be my second year participating in incowrimo (as far as sending a letter for each day of February), but it’s my first time officially signing up to play along here. I’m super excited! I love everything snail mail: cool paper, cool stamps, fountain pens, and whiskey. (Okay, maybe that last item isn’t specific to snail mail…). The sad thing is that for all the letters and postcards that I send, I get very few handwritten responses. As much as I love my family and friends, they just aren’t writers… I recently joined Postcrossing and Letter Writers Alliance, so I’m hoping I start seeing some handwritten pieces soon. And I’d be more than thrilled if I found a new correspondence buddy here. I have two cats (Kevin and Gordon), and one dog (Scout, named after Jean Louise “Scout” Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird). As is likely obvious by my dog’s name, I LOVE books (usually fantasy or horror, but I’ll read pretty much anything, including non-fiction and graphic novels, adult, YA or Middle Grade) in all formats (paper, Kindle, and audio). I also adore writing. When I’m not absorbed in a novel or crafting a short story or pouring my heart out in my journal, I like to strength train (barbell, kettle bell, and body weight), run, practice (and teach) yoga, and hike.

Liked by 3 people

11. redparrot says:

Hi! My name is Mary Ellen and I am from Ontario Canada. I am a costumer, a drop spinner, and fibre nut. I have a cat and want to build a garden this year. I am trying to Marie kondo my place at the moment – it confirms I am also a paper and pen nut. This is my second year of incowrimo and I am ready for year two with paper, pens, washi and stickers and an ahab flex that blots a lot. Really inspired by all the mail art and do my best to pretty up an envelope.

12. Bethany Melendez says:

Hey! I’ve always loved sending letters but never had enough people to write to so I’m very excited! I found out about this through an app called Habitica, and I’m a minimalist who loves to draw and play Dungeons & Dragons. I’ve never done this before so I’m a little scared and shy but still excited to see where this will go…Any tips for what I should write about when it gets started?

Liked by 2 people

• Welcome :) Once you get started we assure you it’ll come pretty naturally. Try scrolling through these comments and you’ll get some ideas about things that interest people. If you find ones you like in particular, they’re probably worth writing a letter to. Cheers!

13. Mathilde Poujol de Molliens says:

Hello,

I’m so happy to participate another time to Incowrimo. I am French but I live in canada since 4 years to do my PhD on parkinson’s disease. I love writing, painting, playing music and the rabbits (I have two lovely bunnies at home). hope to read you soon

Liked by 2 people

14. Anastasia says:

Hi! My name is Anastasia and this is going to be the first challenge of this kind for me. And the very first that involves other people, really. :)
    I love writing and my head is always full of wandering thoughts. I never know what the last sentence is going to be until I finish. I enjoy the process and hope that people who read those things afterwards can enjoy it just as much.
    I’m very excited about this project and can’t wait for the first day of February to come! :)
    I’ll be looking for new addresses here since I definitely don’t have 28 friends for each day of February.
    I’m Anastasia from Russian Federation on the Address list here in case anyone wants to send me a letter :)

Liked by 3 people

15. Beth says:

Hi everyone, I’m Bethan Thomas and this is my first Incowrimo! I’m currently at the University of Oxford and want to use incowrimo to talk to people from other countries and learn about new places!

16. Jennifer McComb says:

Hello! My name is Jennifer and I learned about this project from a workplace blog. I’m excited to take part in it! Living in the upper midwest of the U.S. makes the short month of February extra long and cold – I think this project will cheer my heart and soul this year. I’m a singer/songwriter, and this year I am starting a cut flower market garden – hoping to find some good markets for the flowers. I also dye silks with flowers and plants, and make lots of cute little animals with wool. I’m happy to be part of this group.

17. greenawaltk says:

I’m so glad I stumbled across this! It’s such a great idea and so timely. One of my New Year’s resolutions is to work on creating a better sense of community for myself and this so fits the bill! :) I had several pen pals as a kid- I moved around a lot- I still have all the letters in an old chest. Such sweet memories. I still keep in touch with the last pen pal I had some 18 years ago lol. I had no idea how to go about picking an address, so I just searched for someone with the same name as me and I actually came across one! So, I at least know where I’ll start. I’m not sure if I’ll write to 28 different people, or change it up one week at a time… or peruse the comments … or pick a number out of a hat… the possibilities are endless :) This is great! :) :) :)

18. Lusine Marutyan says:

Hi! My name is Lusine and I am from Armenia. I accidentally found this project on Habitica app and I am very excited about it. I have always thought that handwritten letters are more expressive and we put a part of us into it, because we want each word to convey the required feeling and emotions. Can’t wait to write my first handwritten letter on this event! And looking forward to receiving yours)

19. Lucinda says:

Hello!
    I am a piano teacher in the St. Louis area. I live in Illinois and work in Missouri. In addition to letter writing I love to garden, sew, and work on my novels.
    My husband and moved to Illinois to be near his family about three years ago and I have kept in touch with my friends from southwest MO through letters as well as social media. But I would love to have a couple new pen pals!
    Cheers to all, and happy letter writing!

20. Sandra Craftymom says:

I am picking one name each day starting with A thru Z. :-)

21. Michela Marcellino says:

Hello everybody! I am Michela Marcellino from Italy. This is my second incowrimo. In a few days I’ll turn 40 and I’m the mother of three wonderful girls. Anybody from Europe would swap a letter with me? Maybe in French? Or in English oppure in Italiano?
    Looking forward to read from you

Liked by 2 people

22. E.Brailsford says:

I think I might have signed up on an old page so signing up here just to be sure.
    My name is Emily Brailsford, married mum of 3 aged 37. I love anything sewing/embroidery related.

23. Rachel says:

Hello all! I just signed up, and this will be my first time participating! I hope to share letters with some of you! I am a stay at home mom to two boys and I love to write! I am a bit of a nerd and I enjoy things like fantasy novels, Harry Potter and LOTR especially, writing novels, making book art, drinking coffee (alllllllll day long!), cooking new foods, and learning about new cultures and countries. Happy writing to you all!

Liked by 3 people

24. Ginger Dinsdale says:

Hi, my name is Ginger Dinsdale and this is my first year joining InCoWriMo. I’ve been married almost 30 years, have a daughter in grad school, and I’m a mom to 2 senior cats. Some of my interests are fountain pens, butterflies and hummingbirds. I’m also a big Disney fan, and one of my favorite cities to visit is San Francisco. I have 1 pen pal now and I’m really looking forward to writing to others. Maybe even from outside of the United States. Can’t wait for this Friday! Ginger

25. Sanchita Sarkar says:

Hello everyone 😊
    My name is Sanchita, I’m 24 and I live in India 🇮🇳 I love nature 🌿 art 🖌 traveling 🏝🏔 learning new languages, positivity 😇 Sherlock Holmes and Harry Potter ⚡. I am a newbie to the community and would love to get in touch.

26. Treena Jones says:

It’s nearly time to start writing! Stamps – check. Writing paper – check. Lots of things to write about – check. People to write to – help! Such a long list of addresses and no clue how to pick them! Really looking forward to brightening up someone’s day… sharing a little bit of life from my corner of the world…. and hoping to pick up a couple of penpals along the way!

Liked by 3 people

27. im1luckywoman says:

@Treena Jones….I’ve done multiple things to choose those I’m writing to. Some were chosen from the comments they posted, some were chosen because they live in areas of the world that interest me and others were chosen because they share my first name (I thought that would be kind of random and fun). :)

Liked by 1 person

28. Treena – a thought – grab the nearest printed book/magazine, turn to page 30, and see what words are there! See if any of the first few words or names there are in the names/addresses here. If “This page is intentionally left blank” – you could interpret that as an almost plain piece of paper and look for addresses with Plain in! Perhaps that could be mentioned in the letter, with name of the book/magazine….

Last year, I chose some addresses with names of trees in. I will be using CTRL+F, but for which word(s)? No idea yet. I might do the page 30 thing myself.

Liked by 4 people

29. jetgirlcos says:

Hi, This is my second attempt to complete InCoWriMo! (Missed about 10 days last year because I broke my leg and had some surgeries. Ugh) I’m an airline pilot based in Colorado, and I love letters and all things pen and paper. I am a serious Francophile and I speak and read French well enough to correspond with you en français. I am a flutist and love to chat about music. I also love traveling and reading and cooking! I’m really looking forward to participating this year, and to finish the month with no injuries!

Liked by 2 people

30. Hi from snowy Vermont where the distraction of letter writing will help me get through this trying season! I wasn’t sure if I had my address saved from last year so I signed up again… I did check in the addresses and didn’t see mine..? Anyway winter is being very thorough this year. I am a summer babe, so it’s a challenge. I love mail art, and letters as well. I got some nice ‘vintage’ stamps and pretty envelopes and stationery so I’m ready to roll! Oh I still need to clean and load my pens with ink. I will probably choose from every letter of the alphabet and favor international, world spanning addresses. The few remaining days are for my regular letter pals. I’m a stay at home homeschooling (unschooling style) artist mom who cooks from scratch, raises chickens, ducks and geese and boys. All my clothes have food stains and paint splots on them and my boots are muddy most of the year.

Liked by 3 people

31. redparrot says:

Trina: last year I picked by number. Day 1 I wrote to someone that lived at – say – “ 1 maple lane” day 2 was “2 Main Street” etc. Street names .. say flowers .. or countries … say ones that have appeared in books or discourse in the last year. Geographic locations … opposite side of the world, other side of the equator… follow a latitude around the world … so many choices and such a short month, good luck. 😁

Liked by 4 people

32. Andrea Miner says:

Hello, first time participating this year. New to the fountain pen hobby so I’m looking forward to putting my pens to use. I live in Iowa, have a grown daughter, a cat, and 2 fish takes full of fish. I enjoy the outdoors, and being creative. I have a stressful job so really enjoy having this creative outlet. My other half and I also enjoy traveling, and attending baseball games.

Liked by 2 people

33. Betsy says:

Happy InCoWriMo, Friends!

Second year participant here! I’ve been considering starting an InCoWriMo blog for the month, for writing ideas, favorite writing tools and art, and maybe even address-picking ideas (thanks to Team Comments Section to having that conversation here!) It may yet happen!

I’m a pen / paper / word / yarn / crafts creative, and I like to bullet journal, but I’m admittedly inconsistent about it. I like making lists, what can I say? I love the concept of InCoWriMo in large part because I love the handwritten word, and fear we are losing touch with it every single day. Outside of this month, I truly do love letter-writing, and still do so! I like any excuse to buy stationery, pens, and blank books. Even if that excuse is “because I like it.” I’m like that with coffee mugs too, especially when traveling. I am possessing of some self-control, though, so as of yet all of my mugs still fit in one cupboard. Give it time.

I’m prone to massive amounts of positivity, gratitude, and I strongly believe that you’re never too old for glitter if you’re sparkle-inclined. Extra points for puns, Dad jokes, and goofy references to your favorite media (Broadway, anyone?) Looking forward to corresponding with you!

Liked by 4 people

34. Betsy says:

PS: I’m the Ohio Betsy. xo :D

35. Sandra Craftymom says:

Hi I started early as I was so happy to find this challenge.

36. brandilion04 says:

I am so enjoying reading all of these comments… this is my first year- and a little piece me (a really big piece- hahaha) hopes I get letters!! I want to make long writing friendships… I enjoy being creative – i will say a little about me.. I only drink decaf.. I love decaf coffee and teas, I have lots of really fun mugs!! I am a hard worker and I love what I do! I love BOOKS- quite obsessed actually, I enjoy crocheting, hiking, and I also journal.. I am not a good doodler,, but I still try and I love to write letters to my friends and family.. I am so excited by this – I have my list ready- I only wish I could write everyone! But I work too much.. haha!
    Happy writing everyone!
    Brandy~

Liked by 1 person

37. This is exciting, not long now just a few hours in the UK until February. I wonder if those in Australia or New Zealand have finished their first letters!!

38. thornealder says:

Hello! I am slow about writing back but I will do so, and I love getting letters in the mail – and sending them. And postcards.

39. Angela Cracchiolo says:

Is there an address for “incowrimo”?

40. Liz Wilson says:

I’ve just signed up, and I’m really looking forward to it! I’m a fountain pen fanatic, and a collector (some may say hoarder) of stationery.

I’m a knitter, a reader (aiming for 200 books this year, and achieved 200 last year as well), a history buff (hence the fountain pens and letter writing), and I’m taking my second transatlantic crossing on the Queen Mary 2 later this year.

41. swanknich says:

Hello, my name is Sharon Nichols and I live in Austin, TX. This will be my first time to participate and I am very excited. I have watched with jealousy as my wife received letters in the mail and I’ve finally decided to join the adventure.
    I am an avid board gamer, no not monopoly, and play with friends several times a week. I will play most board games but prefer Euro style games. Oh, I get to do that because this is my first year of retirement!
    This summer I will be in France for the entire month of June with my sister. The trip is planned around the Women’s World Cup but mostly it’s for fun. My sister is fluid in French and we have both spent time there but this time will be visiting new places.
    I like to get out and walk in between Netflix binges and will now look forward to writing also. Ready!

42. Michelle Willhite says:

Hi, my name is Michelle Willhite. This is my first year doing incowrimo. I heard about it when a friend posted on Instagram that she was doing it this year. It sounded like fun so I thought I’d give it a try. I love animals (especially dogs – I have a long coated German Shepherd), reading, knitting, quilting, tea, card making, pens, colored pencils, specialty paper and any excuse to buy all sorts of craft supplies. I live in northern Delaware (not that Delaware is that big but there’s a definite difference between northern and lower Delaware). I’m looking forward to writing letters and hopefully getting some as well.

43. Shaun Schmidt says:

Hi my name is Shaun and I live in Columbus, Ohio.This will be my second incowrimo and I am quite excited to write new people. I have been lucky enough to travel a fair amount in my life and love to hear about new people and places. After nearly a lifetime of avoiding handwriting I find myself loving fountain pens and rejoicing in the act of handwriting. I have many hobbies and interests but thanks to the fountain pens I have a new one. I am trying my hand at sketching, which might act to bolster my confidence to try my hand at more artistic creation. I hope to hear from many of of you and if you write me I will write back.

Liked by 2 people

44. Just gone 2am and I’ve finished my first missive to someone who isn’t already a penpal/correspondent! Who will be next????? I think I’ll try the page number thing!

Liked by 3 people

45. Mary Pearson says:

Somehow I lost the link to sign up again this year. SO glad I found it just in time, January 31st. This will be my second year and what a Happy February I had last year when I opened my mail box.

46. Jo Page says:

Post my first letter today – Here we go …So excited

47. Jo Page says:

I live in Tasmania and so looking forward to the fun this year

48. tzeilanm says:

Hello. I’m Tzeilan. I from Greece. I am 31 years old. 😊

49. oomarcelitaoo says:

Hi! My name is Marcela Gómez and this will be my second year! Last year I managed to write almost 10 letters, so I hope this year would be better xD
    I’m from Concepción, Chile. I’m a doctor (general medicine), wife and mom to a 3.5 years old beautiful boy and to a lady cat named Linda Chimuela
    I’m all about lettering, bullet journal, watercolors, cats, dogs, netflix, books.
    Also I lve a good wine or beer and chat with friends :)
    Hope to read you soon!
    @bujo_marce

50. Leanne Batty says:

Hello!
    I am Leanne, 37 year old lady living in Melbourne Australia.
    I am married with 2 children and a gorgeous dog.
    I am a nurse and work in community Palliative care – incredibly rewarding job, which I love.
    I have so many interests! Calligraphy, Photography (both of which have taken a backseat for many years now), Craft, Sewing, Crochet and Candle Making. Being creative makes me very happy!
    I would love to begin writing to people from far and wide!
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Leanne