We believe that keeping in touch is kind of important. And that’s why we’re moving our comments section here to it’s very own page.

Years past have proved that a good comment section provides timely general information in addition to letting other people know you’re here. Believe it or not for more than a year, incowrimo pretty much functioned from a comment section alone.

Keep in mind it’s our firm belief that if you have something to say to someone    ..send them a letter.

Few things in life are as satisfying as opening your post box to find someone has sent you a letter sharing their ideas and thoughts. And just as nice is the opportunity to write them back.

316 Comments

1. Betsy says:

@Brandilion04 What state are you from?

2. Hi, my name is Sandra and I am participating for the first time this year. I love writing and doing paper crafts. I am a card maker and will be sending some of my cards to the names I pick from the list. I am hoping to complete the whole month of February and will have a big smile if I am able to complete this. Yay, I am in San Antonio, TX and am a stay at home mom who homeschools two boys.

3. Miranda Grimm says:

Hi Y’all! I’m Miranda from Arkansas. I am a 37 year old stay at home mom to a 14 year old boy and a 10 year old girl. I love reading, fountain pens and inks, my two dogs, and my family. This is my 5th year participating, I think. Looking forward to getting to know some new folks. Hope everyone has fun! Happy writing.

4. Payge Emerson says:

Hello! This is my first year participating, and I’m so excited to be involved in something like this.
    I’m a 23 year old pastry cook and musician in Colorado, originally from New England. I speak conversational Spanish and am hoping to travel quite a lot this year. I also live a low waste lifestyle and try to push myself to live even more sustainably.
    I enjoy drawing, bookbinding, knitting, bullet journaling (though I’m new to it), dance, gardening, listening to books, cooking, visiting new places, and generally trying to learn and do as many new things as I can.
    I hope to hear from you!

Liked by 3 people

5. Betsy says:

How was everyone’s first day of InCoWriMo? I am so grateful to be here to connect, and to keep letter-writing alive and well!

6. im1luckywoman says:

InCoWriMo needs to last all year because February just doesn’t have enough days. So many interesting autobiographies and addresses that I’ve already got more than 28 and the first two have been sent on their way! (If the month is passing by and you haven’t received a letter, drop one in the mail to me and I promise you’ll get one back; my personal challenge is to respond to every one I receive.) Happy writing! Rebecca Carrillo IG: @smidgens.and.bits

7. NY Tang says:

Hi everyone! It’s my first time joining. It was even at last moment and wasn’t sure if I made the cut. But looks like I did! I have been writing letters for over 23 years already and I love it very much. I am a creative soul and looking for same kindred spirits :) I love planning/journalling, galaxy, vintage, steampunk, gaming (WoW, Guild Wars 2, Maple Story 2 etc.), cute things… I am very curious of how this all goes and I hope to be able to send out 1 letter a day (I think I have just to pick out addresses that speaks to me)! Good luck everyone, lets fill each other mailboxes this month!

Liked by 3 people

8. Andrea Levin says:

Back for a second year – so grateful for the letter-writers who have stuck with me throughout 2018. Question: What is InCoWriMo’s back-story? Who came up with this idea, and how did it all come to be? (OR … did I somehow miss this information posted or reported somewhere?) Thanks!

9. Holly says:

Greetings friends! I’m Holly Cooper and this is my 3rd year doing InCoWriMo. I am looking forward to makings some new penfriends. I am a recently retired teacher/consultant for children with multiple disabilities. I like to weave, quilt, and do paper and fabric collage. I read mysteries, love cats, cook vegetarian and live in sunny Austin Texas. I seem to collect postcards, but I also make and send fabric postcards to special people.

Liked by 3 people

10. Joe says:

…vintage social media. THAT is a terrific phrase.

11. treenaintheuk says:

Received my first ever incowrimo mail today! I can’t tell you how happy and blessed I feel right now! Thank you so much Patricia Landon (if you’re reading this). I hope the joy I feel in getting a letter is similar to the joy someone else has from receiving one off me. Now I’m off to write more letters and see if there are anymore strangers just waiting to be friends.

Liked by 3 people

12. im1luckywoman says:

Patricia Landon! Your letter has the distinction of being the FIRST letter I have received in this, my “inaugural” season of InCoWriMo! My response is already on its way to you. :)

13. Andrea Levin says:

Thanks so much for linking me to your backstory page, Incowrimo-2019! Out of unweldiness,confusion, and the commitment to Create and Commit to Something Really Good came … the site we now hold in our inky hands. But of course now I’m even *more* curious about how you guys got started in 2015! (The *back*-back story …) So grateful for all of you who made this happen.

14. Annett says:

Hello fellow mail lovers – I´m back for my 2nd year and I´m looking forward to connect with you through mail this month and find some long lasting pen-pals as well. I´m a midwife and right now also about to have another little one added to our family. Due any day—- still waiting!
    I´m interested in films, travelling, creativity in any form, music, dancing, cooking and eating out and exploring the city and nature with my camera. And yes, reading and of course corresponding since I was 11 years old. There´s so much to share and write about. Can´t wait to hear from you!

Liked by 2 people

15. As the first week comes to a close, I have enjoyed this week more than in previous years! I have no idea why. Perhaps because there are more people this year, maybe they are new to this and perhaps I’ve already sent them a letter. I will write replies over the next few days before looking again to surprise someone, or maybe I’ll surprise tomorrow as well as write replies.

Liked by 4 people

16. Enjoyed writing to several this week. Now to pick some for the coming week to write to. :-)

Liked by 3 people

17. im1luckywoman says:

I am writing so many cards and letters. I love using up some of my stationery stash (including my hand made cards) because it gives me the perfect excuse…I mean reason…to either buy or make more! I’ve also received three cards/letters from people I hadn’t sent to so yeah…and thank you (I will be sending something back)! Rebecca Carrillo :)

Liked by 3 people

18. Jeffrey J Fisher says:

So far no letters for me to read yet but hopefully as replies come back I will have some, can’t wait to check the mailbox in the morning :) Last year I seemed to get letters just randomly which was really neat. I haven’t been as diligent this year on sending out my own random letters though as i’m a few days behind already but will catch up. Busy time working and looking for a new place to work but I love incowrimo too much to not partake in it. Really glad incorwimo exists, not sure why exactly I like it so much but this is my 2nd year and I’m glad I can participate.

Liked by 1 person

19. Hi, How is everyone today? I am up and sending a beautiful butterfly card to a name in Dublin, Ireland :-) Enjoying this very much. Sandra Daniels from Texas. Looking forward to sending and perhaps receiving some replies. :-)

20. hertryk says:

Hi Everyone, nearly half way in and so far I have met the challenge posted my 12th letter this morning! I have written to INCOWRIMO all over, UK, New Zealand, USA, Canada, Sweden, France and Kuwait.. woohoo!! Onwards and upwards. Happy Writing

Liked by 3 people

• joan Vande streek says:

fantastic! i am on my 16/28 letter, and plan own replying to all of those who write to me beyond February as well to keep my pen and paper habit alive. I may not always write back on pretty paper, and or pretty ink. but you will get a response back from me. Onward to more letters

Joan V

21. hertryk says:

I am a resident of the spectacular island of Tasmania . I would love to hear from anyone who is interested to know more of the uniqueness of this special place! We have quirky places called Nowhete Else , and Egg & Bacon Bay!! Enjoy INCOWRIMO everyone! Jo Page

22. charrockstar says:

Last year i was in for the address book, but this year I can’t find my own name. ;( how do I add my name to the address book? I miss hearing from people.

Liked by 2 people

• Sadly alas but the sign up for this year is closed until mid December. But that’s no reason to dispair. We are absolutely certain that if you were to send out letters to people in this years address book, you are very likely to get some mail in return. Remember as well that there are plenty of participants who write throughout the entire year, not just February and many have asked to have their names posted until the end of November. This leaves plenty of opportunity to start of an interesting correspondence. :)

23. Ginger Dinsdale says:

Hello everyone,
    I just wanted to say how much I’m enjoying my first InCoWriMo! I’ve sent out letters as well as received some awesome letters. I will be responding very shortly to those. I love getting letters from people in my own state (CA) or as far away as the other side of the world. I hope that everyone is having a good time writing and receiving letters. I don’t want February to end :) Ginger

Liked by 4 people

24. hertryk says:

This my 4th Year. I have mailed 15 new correspondents from the address book and 5 from previous years whom I’ve been corresponding with. Disappointing no new arrivals yet but onwards and upwards! Have fun ! Happy writing!

• Helen Åkerman says:

I’ve written to you last weekend! But I’m on the other side of the world, literally speaking, so that’s probably why it haven’t reached you yet!

Liked by 1 person

• Jo this is Barbara Hunt Cannon in New Zealand. Try and find me on the list and write to me and I will get back to you. I am older and retired and not travelling anymore but have always wanted to see Tasmania. I adore pens and inks and love to write letters so hopefully we can connect. Oh one confession. I am an American from California but living in New Zealand. Feel so lucky to be here.

25. im1luckywoman says:

So pleased and feeling very lucky to have received five letters so far! I’ve answered all of them (Jessica Gilbert, yours was the most recent to arrive and my letter to you will be in the mail tomorrow), so anyone who hasn’t yet received my response should have it soon! Thanks to all who have written me. :)

26. Tracie Tunnicliffe says:

This year I am sending a postcard randomly to someone from every country listed – 15 countries have been sent so far!

So if you get a random postcard from New Zealand it could be from this day dreaming, book worm, tea sipper, mix taper, self carer, potty mouth, film buff, fan girl, odd ball who is open to any kind of postal adventures :)

Liked by 4 people

27. J. Avery says:

Hi, my name is J. Avery, and this is my first year with InCoWriMo. I love LOVE love coffee, as well as art, music, travel and photography. Currently, I live in Ottawa with my two cats Ivy and Magi (an ESA – Emotional Support Animal). Together the three of us will be driving across Canada and the USA in my Teardrop trailer. I look forward to your recommendations and favourite places to visit in North America.

Liked by 2 people

28. Enjoying some peaceful quiet time doing some note writing today. They will be posted on Tuesday :-) Happy writing everyone.

29. zjmissive says:

A good read: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/nov/26/from-me-with-love-lost-art-letter-writing

Quote from article:
    “Some were torn, and stained, and all of them bore the traces of the journey they had made from the place where they were written. They were physical objects, with all the tactility and uniqueness and marks of time which that implies, and it became more apparent than ever that these marks of time are what distinguish letters from emails and other forms of digital correspondence.”

30. hertryk says:

Good Morning fellow INCOWRIMO received my first letter yesterday from a delightful Mr Ellis of Ewing N.J. USA
    Many thanks a reply will be speeding its way in return asap .. Have a great day !! I am thrilled!!

31. I have received two letters already. It makes my heart smile and I will be replying soon. :-)

32. Kersten Herrera Zollner says:

Hi! This is my second year participating, and I must say that I am quite disappointed. Last year I received 7 letters, and so far I have received 2 this year. I penpal and postcross, so every day I am writing to someone around the world, and when February comes around, I write 28 people from this site. I don’t mean to be a “Debbie-downer” but it’s frustrating. I hope each of you have a better experience than I have had.

33. zjmissive says:

Hi Brandon Bledsoe. I received your email message. Sorry for the confusion. No, you don’t have to contact me online first before writing back if you wish. :) Just feel free to do so. Mailing address is on the back of the envelope. (This applies to anyone getting a letter from me. I’m not really into email. :) Thx. Happy InCo all!

Liked by 1 person

34. Hi, how is everyone doing with writing this month? I have chosen a few more names to write to from the list and will write those notes tomorrow. I plan to continue writing past the end of the month till I can still see the names on the list. I enjoy writing, reading, paper crafts, fountain pens, inks. Sandra Daniels from TX in case you want to look me up on the list. Happy Writing!!

• Mia says:

It has gone quite fast, and we are now in the final week. I will select a few more victims to write to, as well as writing replies. March may well be a very busy month.

35. zjmissive says:

Inspiration has struck. With just one InCo week left, I will post to typewriter collectors! I have some typewriter greeting cards. (If you watch the documentary “California Typewriter” you may so be inspired!) If you’re a typewriter collector just reply here with name, I’ll find you on the list and send you a post. Simple.

• Mia says:

Does anyone share a name with a typewriter company/manufacturer or even have a typewriter brand name in the address? Perhaps they’d make good random people to write to!

36. Mia says:

So much for sending out newspaper clippings, I kept forgetting! One did make its way out in the post today though as I used the article for inspiration to find who I wanted to write to! Another bunch of newspapers has gone into the recycling, with some articles snipped out yesterday for eventual sending!

Liked by 2 people

37. Writing a few more note cards today. How is everyone doing with their writing?

38. Gabriel Ronco says:

Just 4 days to finish. Just four letters. And then I’ll start replying to the letters I’ve received.

This has been my first year. I thought it was about receiving letters, but I’ve learnt many things. This is not about receiving letters, it’s about being generous, it’s about giving everything to the world. I’ve written things in the letters I’ve sent I wouldn’t dare write in my journal because I don’t want to have my inner thoughts or life-changing events on a piece of paper that someone near me could take.

I’ve learnt many things about me, I’ve remembered things I had forgotten, I’ve laughed, I’ve cried, I’ve thought and reflected about many issues. I’ve spent hours writing every letter I’ve sent, because time is the most valued gift one can give. Time is limited. Time is precious. And that’s what I’ve given.

Can’t wait to keep on writing letters for the rest of the year.

Liked by 4 people

39. hertryk says:

I have met the challenge for another year – 25+ letters posted and I have received letters 4 from the USA , 1 from Sweden, and 1 France. Thank you to everyone

40. hertryk says:

Wow! Another 3 received yesterday from the USA, 2 from UK who were intrigued with my address Tasmania and wanted to know more. my ghast is flabbered!!

41. patlandon5 says:

To all…as this years event comes to a close,I hope everyone had an enjoyable experience.See you next year♥

• Joan V says:

good afternoon my first InCowrimo has been completed with 32 letters sent. I hope that the friendships started will continue in the coming year. I will continue on my journey.

42. NY Tang says:

Thank you so much Holly Cooper, I received your notecard letter and the extra’s today. It is the last day of incowrimo and you were the only letter I received. I got a notification from another letter from SEATTLE WA, but no idea who… is it you Betsy? As you are the only one I saw here commenting and also from Seattle WA :) either way… I hope to receive that letter soon as well. Thank you both for sending me mail! NY Tang – The Netherlands

43. hertryk says:

Hi from Tasmania fellow participants. I have had an incredible successful INCOWRIMO. I have received many letters and cards. I would just like to confirm I will answer them all. I thank you whole heartedly. I am thrilled and very honoured.

44. Stephanie Van Parys says:

Woo hoo! 28 days = 28 letters. I may not have written every day, but I hit my goal. I really loved hearing from all the new folks and hope that we can continue exchanging letters throughout the year.

How did everyone else do?

See you in 2020 (though when I have a spot to write someone new, I’ll definitely browse the addresses here.)

Liked by 3 people

45. im1luckywoman says:

Thanks so much, InCoWriMo for organizing and putting this all together for us. I’ve had an amazing time writing, writing, writing (I sent out 64 postcards, cards and letters…a good portion of them to people in the Address Book). Thank you, also, to everyone who has written me! It was lovely to receive letters my very first year. I promise everyone who wrote me will be receiving a response. :) Rebecca Carrillo, California

• Joan VandeStreek says:

rebecca i have written you and thought it went out with one of my mailings. I found it today as i had missed it but please be looking out for a letter from me.looking forward to your reply

joan v

46. Sara says:

Hi, Thanks for making InCoWriMo happen! It was my first time writing with this project and I really loved doing it. I even got many letters back! :) Sadly one letter I wrote to a person named Navi Kalkat Po Box 9551 Turlock CA 95381 returned to me labeled “NSN”. I wish I had the correct address to resend this letter but guess I will never get the chance. Thanks again!

47. I enjoyed this my first time participating. I still have a few letters to reply to and some to send, though I did send out 30 this month of Feb. I will continue to write thru the year. I look forward to participating again in 2020. :-). Sandra Daniels from Texas

48. hertryk says:

Hi fellow participants – I wrote 4 more letters in reply to ones received and posted today… I still have a few to do to catch up, but rest assured I will replied to everyone. Working 6 days per week only gives me Sunday really to write, and I have a 200klm per day commute to work and return. Takes a lot of time out of my day!! Thank you INCOWRIMO see you all next year.. Happy Writing….

49. Sandra K says:

I would have been interested how many people have been on the list this year?
    I started to count and stopped at 163 only for letter A and B!!

50. joan VandeStreek says: